Zalman makes noiseless fans, coolers, etc for alot of products. We have the honor to review their Zm80c-hp video card cooler. This cooler is fanless (fan is an option) and makes no noise. You mount these huge heatsinks on the video card and a heatpipe to connect them together. We are going to see if you really can get a stable computer with a fanless cooler. We are going to make the video card go through some hard gaming to see if we really can use this product. Stay tuned and you will see the results.
Despite the fact that computers have become common-place at home and at workplaces for a long time but true user friendliness of the computers are still a long shot. At Zalman Tech, we strive to make that goal a closer reality through extensive research and development of our products. We were the world first in reducing computer’s noise down to lower than 20dB, thus creating a more user friendly computing environment. Now you can use a computer without distracting noise and also form high fidelity audio system or home theatre without ambient noise with one. Zalman Tech will continue to put efforts to creating more enhanced levels of user friendliness in computing; we believe we have sufficient ability and determination. Your support and interest is greatly appreciated.
Specifications on the product:
Heatpipe: Gold Plated Copper Tube Dissip.
Material: Aluminum Dissip.
1) By utilizing a heatpipe, the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit, a.k.a. Video Chipset) can be cooled without a fan.
2) The fanless design ensures complete noiselessness and permanent, maintenance-free operation.
3) It can be used on virtually all kinds of video cards, so it can be reused with upgraded video cards. (Note: The video cards without the heatsink mounting holes or with components that interfere with the heatsink cannot accommodate this product.)
4) This product can have a noiseless fan (ZM80C Optional Package ‘ZM-OP1′; sold separately) attached to the heatsink without using a bracket.
5) By attaching the noiseless fan (ZM-OP1), the video chipset, as well as the memory chips on both side of the video card gets cooled for a more stable operation of the video card.
Everything was really nicely packed in the box and there is no chance that it would get damaged. On the back we find some specifications and some mounting instructions.
Included in the package we have one (1) Screwdriver, One Bag of Spare Parts (Bolts, Nuts, Rubber Rings, Thermal Grease), One (1) Heatpipe and One Bag of Assembly Parts (Plate Spring Nipples (4), Bolt-B (4), Bolt-C (4), Nut-A (2), Rubber Rings (2), Nipples (2), Plate Springs (2), Thermal Grease (1)). On the right picture we got Front Side Heatsink Base Assembly Type A & B and Back Side Heatsink Base Assembly Type A & B.
These are the front and back heatsinks that is supposed to take the final heat. The right picture shows the Geforce 3 Ti200 card that we are going to install this product on. We could leave the heatsinks on the memory because the Zalman heatsinks go up so high that the heatsinks on the memory can be left on the card.
Pages: 1 2