We’ve taken a look at some USB3 external medias in the past, however this is the first time we have a USB 3.0 hard disk in our hands. Our test subject is called Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Traveller: USB 3.0 750GB 2.5″. Let’s see if USB3 brings any benefit in external hard disk use over the USB2.0. Read the full review and find out!
Check their webpages at www.verbatim.com for information about the company.
Specifications & Features:
• Tough enclosure making it more resistant to knocks whilst travelling
• USB 3.0 SuperSpeed data transfer
• 100% compatible with USB2.0
• USB plug ‘n’ play (no additional power required)
• ‘Nero BackItUp and Burn Essentials’ software
• Quick Start Guide printed in 27 languages
• Product Dimensions: 125mm x 82mm x 16mm (L x W x H)
• Product Weight: 160 grams approx
• Power: Bus powered via USB 3.0 cable
• Interface: USB 3.0 / 2.0 port
• Data Transfer Rate: up to 4800 Mbits/second (USB Bus Speed)
• Rotational Speed: 5400rpm
• Cache: 8MB or greater
Our sample unit came in a blue cardboard box. There is a plastic window on the front side of the box and you can see the coloring and size of the product from it. Our sample unit is 750GB model and it has a model name “Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Traveller: USB 3.0″. Backside of the box has main specifications printed in it.
Inside the cardboard box we find the actual drive, short USB3.0 cable and a manual. There’s nothing extra provided which is the norm with products like this.
Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Traveller: USB 3.0 looks just like any other 2.5″ USB hard disk available on market. The casing is manufactured from grey plastic while the black parts of the case are some sort of rubber. There is a small Verbatim text and logo on top of the drive.