troduction & first look
Verbatim, one of the worlds leading manufacturers of datastorage media has expanded their product lines to portable hard disks. Today we will have a look at their 2.5” Portable Hard Drive USB 2.0 Executive 500GB model.
Since 1969, development in data storage technology has been led by Verbatim – ranging from Floppy Disks and Magneto-Optical storage to the latest CD and DVD formats, USB drives and Flash Memory cards. As part of the Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation Group (MCC) Verbatim benefits from outstanding research and development enabling countless innovations shaping today’s storage media market.
Verbatim has been awarded numerous international comparative product reviews and is the market leader for Optical media in Europe*.
We deliver products and services that exceed customer expectations by leveraging our technology leadership, as well as our world class manufacturing, marketing, and distribution capabilities.
Due to the extensive research and development that is undertaken by parent company Mitsubishi Corporation in Japan, we are able to market the latest and innovative products.
Verbatim’s demanding quality control during manufacturing processes guarantees first-class products. Our entire product range meets extremely high standards of quality . No matter what product, or where in the world it is manufactured, every product meets the Verbatim standard of quality – which is second to none.
Verbatim’s current lineup of products include CD-Recordable, CD-ReWritable, DVD-Recordable, DVD-ReWritable, DVD-RAM, External Hard Drives, USB Drives, Memory Cards, Tape, Floppy Disks, Imaging and Accessory products as well as the latest High Definition storage media, Blu-ray!
Nearly Forty years ago, Verbatim was little more than an idea held by a small, dedicated group of engineers, scientists and managers. Today, it is a major corporation that is highly regarded as a world leader in premium quality storage and imaging products.
More information available at www.verbatim-europe.co.uk
Features & specifications:
* USB Turbo Speed increases read/write speeds by 25% for faster working
* Verbatim Sync software – around the world flexibility, keeping your files with you
* Transfer documents and data easily between home and office
* Safely back up and store all your files from your PC or laptop
* USB plug ‘n’ play (no additional power required)
* Stylish slim design fits neatly onto your desk top and allows it to be transported easily
* ‘Nero BACKITUP 4 Essentials’ back up software – create your own ‘back up’ from your PC/Laptop hard drive to your portable hard drive
* Quick Start Guide printed in 27 languages
* Free Hotline Support
* Verbatim 2 Year Limited Warranty
* Power: Bus powered via USB 2.0 cable
* Interface: USB 2.0 / USB 1.1 port
* Data Transfer Rate: up to 480 Mbits/second
* Rotational Speed: 5400rpm
* Cache: 8MB or greater
Verbatim 2.5” Portable Hard Drive USB 2.0 Executive 500GB arrived in blackish cardboard box. Front side of the packet shows us a picture of the final product with some of the basic details. The back side of the packet shows us more detailed information about the product in multiple languages.
Inside the box we find the usual. Hard disk itself, brief manual, driver-cd and USB-cord is all Verbatim provided us, but it’s all you need to make things work. Even though the disk does not require an additional powersupply, I would have liked to see an additional USB-powercord adapter included as some computers might not be able to provide the 500mA current which USB-standard specifies.