With the widespread growth of the Internet, there has been a similar growth in the amount of malicious software that is out to track your habits, bug you with pop-ups, and, even worse, steal account numbers and passwords.Uniblue, makers of a wide range of PC software applications, has released a new product, SpyEraser, which will rid your PC of a variety of malware.Let�s find out if it is easy to use and how it stacks up against the competition.
At Uniblue Systems, our business is protection and recovery – we are committed to create the most intuitive, innovative, and flexible data protection and recovery solutions for the domestic and business markets.
With all our product ranges, our business customers enjoy an easy to use, powerful, and reliable enterprise-level backup and recovery management solution that, in contrast to most other competing brands, minimises cost of ownership. We are renowned in the home-user market for our easy to use and powerful software. Our commitment to all our customers is that we will continue delivering products that are as easy to use as they are powerful and reliable.
The release of our new flagship product range, WinBackup 2.0, marks the most important milestone for us and our customers. We are now positioned to further penetrate our strong foothold in the small- and medium-sized business market, and we will continue consolidating our leadership position in the domestic market.
- Powerful Heuristic threat analysis tools: Delivers Deep scan detection and removal of all malware forms
- Real Time Online Defense protection: Gives you �Always On� Live Guard scanning when connected online, for maximum protection
- Intelligent Control Functions: Includes an Alert function, which can warn of new malware threat, even for new variants of existing threat, plus a �Safe list� function � to minimize annoying and frequent alarms. While the �Quarantine� function deals with what slips through, easily, in seconds.
- Exceptionally Simple to Use:Set in a highly intuitive, attractive, logical and user-friendly graphical user interface, SpyEraser sets the standard for ease-of-use.
- Safe and Trusted: Avoid crashes, seizures, slow downs and error messages with the safest and most trusted solution from a leading software vendor
Unlike most products we�ve reviewed, the Uniblue SpyEraser software didn�t come in a package but rather was easily downloaded from the Uniblue website.Spy Eraser can be purchased separately or as part of the Uniblue PowerSuite bundle that comes with two other applications, SpeedUpMyPC and Registry Booster.We reviewed Registry Booster a few months ago and were happy with that application, and SpeedUpMyPC will be the subject of an upcoming review.
Like Registry Booster, SpyEraser has a simple, easy-to-understand interface.There are four different windows/buttons to choose from: System Overview, Spyware Scan, LiveGuard, and Settings.The System Overview window provides, you guessed it, an overview of the last spyware scan results and the current settings for spyware scanning and online updates.The System Overview window also provides a direct link to Start a Scan, Configure Live Guard/Settings, or perform an online update.The Spyware Scan window allows you to initiate a scan and also review results of previous scans and configure the scan scheduler.I found the user interface to be very easy to learn, with icons provided for all the options instead of being hidden in the menus.
The LiveGuard window allows you to configure the active spyware protection �guards�, which protect your computer against a wide variety of attacks.Along with guards for Internet browsing, there are guards for system and programs as well.I like how there is a detailed explanation of what each guard protects against, in case for some reason you want to disable one.The Settings window allows you to enable the program on startup and modify other program settings.
Pages: 1 2