Today we take a break from hardware reviews to examine a program that will fix something that is often overlooked yet is constantly in use: your computer�s Windows Registry.Uniblue�s Registry Booster claims that it makes cleaning, repairing, and optimizing the system�s registry an easy process.Does the program live up to its claims?Read on to find out.
At Uniblue Systems, our business is protection and recovery – we are committed to create the most intuitive, innovative, and flexible data protection and recovery solutions for the domestic and business markets.
With all our product ranges, our business customers enjoy an easy to use, powerful, and reliable enterprise-level backup and recovery management solution that, in contrast to most other competing brands, minimises cost of ownership. We are renowned in the home-user market for our easy to use and powerful software. Our commitment to all our customers is that we will continue delivering products that are as easy to use as they are powerful and reliable.
The release of our new flagship product range, WinBackup 2.0, marks the most important milestone for us and our customers. We are now positioned to further penetrate our strong foothold in the small- and medium-sized business market, and we will continue consolidating our leadership position in the domestic market.
Registry Booster has an enhanced proprietary scanning engine that scans deeper than other registry repair software solutions to check for:
- Registry integrity and shell folder entries including My Documents, profiles and favorites.
- Software locations including missing, orphaned, broken or bad application/Windows paths, and links.
- Unwanted browser objects.
- Corrupt Active X/COM Objects.
- Unused, obsolete Start Menu items.
- Redundant Start-up applications and uninstalled application schedulers.
- Orphaned shortcuts, temporary (.tmp) files and Scandisk or Checkdisk fragment (.chk) files.
- Missing or corrupt application IDs.
- Obsolete shared DLLs and folders.
- Unused help file references.
- Residual and unused files.
- Uninstalled software remnants.
- Unused and unwanted drivers.
- File extensions and associations.
- Unnecessary fonts and recent files list.
The software comes in a standard DVD-type case, with the back cover describing many of the software features and minimum requirements.(note- you can also purchase a copy for download via their website).Opening the case, a CD and a sticker with the serial number on it can be found.No printed manual is provided, though there is a surprisingly detailed Help File included with the program also goes into explanation on what the registry is.The software installs easily and quickly.
The Registry Booster program has a simple, easy-to-understand interface.There are four different windows/buttons to choose from: System Overview, Registry Scan, Settings, and Restore.The System Overview window provides, you guessed it, an overview of the last registry scan results and the last time the user defragged and backed up the registry.The System Overview window also provides a direct link to Start a Scan, Configure Settings, or Defrag the Registry.The Registry Scan window provides more detail into what items you want to scan for and access to the scan results.Here you can also defrag the registry, which improves system performance and decreases boot time, much like defragmenting the hard drive.
Pages: 1 2