We are taking a look at another powersupply from NZXT today, we got a sample of their Hale82 750W PSU that has some quite nice specs. The Bronze 80+ certification shows that the PSU should be able to deliver even during load so lets have a look.
Read more on their website about the company, http://nzxtcorp.wordpress.com/
80+ Bronze Certification – The HALE82 series from NZXT operates with high efficiency: at 20%, 50%, and 100% loads, efficiencies are 82%, 85%, and 82% respectively.
• 100% Japanese Capacitors – High quality components promote longer lifespan and better reliability.
• 120mm Two-Ball Bearing Fan – For smooth, silent rotation and optimal air intake.
• Strong Single +12V Rail – A single +12V rail provides stability and ease of use with the ability to deliver clean currents under a heavy load.
• Modular Design – Includes a selection of flat cables that allow the user to pick and choose which cables they want to use, maximizing cable management and airflow inside chassis.
• Large Tower Support – Extended 8pin connector for bottom mounted cases or large cases.
• Dual 8pin connector – For high end motherbaords dedicated to overclocking.
• Keeping it Safe – The HALE80 series offers over voltage, current, power, temperature, under voltage, and short circuit protection.
|AC Input||100V~ 240V 10A 50HZ/60HZ|
|Max Combined Wattage||150W||636W||6W||15W|
This product comes packed in this black and green box. Inside you will find a zip lock bag with a bunch of modular cables that you can hook up to the PSU. The PSU on the other hand has a white fan and a black case.
Inside the “bag” are the modular cables that are designed to be flat to save space inside the case. For big towers or full towers they have included a longer 8 pin cable. You also get a power cable, which in my case is for the Swedish market.
The fan is a two ball bearing fan and after testing the PSU for some time we think that the PSU is one of the more silent PSU’s that we have tested.